Who Am I?
If you missed Sunday’s Sermon…
Read or listen to Acceptance – Finding Beauty in The Broken (Freeway, Week 6)
Who Am I? (Circle, Check or Underline Your Answers)
- Business Person
- A Has-been
- Spouse (Husband/Wife)
- Sports Fan
- Religious/Person of Faith
- A Failure
- The Life of the Party
- A Pushover
- A People Pleaser
What Identity Do You Align With The Most?
Who Are You On God’s Eyes?
What Statements Do You Believe Are True About You? (Circle, Check or Underline Your Answers)
- I don’t make enough effort with other people.
- I don’t exercise as much as I should.
- I wish I was someone else.
- I should be further along in my life by now.
- I should do more.
- I’m always doing the wrong thing at the wrong time.
- I could do better at my job.
- I’m a talker, not a listener.
- I’m not very attractive.
- I’m invisible to others.
- My friends are so much better than I am.
- I don’t make enough time for the kids.
- I should do more for God.
- I feel fake.
- I’m not smart.
- I don’t make enough time for my spouse.
- Other people are a lot more successful and creative than me.
- I’m kind a lazy.
- I’m a people pleaser.
- I could really lose some weight.
- I make promises to myself and break it down.
- My wife doesn’t matter.
It’s OK to acknowledge your feelings, but you don’t always have to agree with them. Don’t empower your inner critic. Give yourself some grace.
Do you think you’re being too hard on yourself? (Circle your answer)
List some simple ways you can show yourself compassion.
Do you think it’s important to do this? Why or why not?
You just said a lot about yourself and thought a lot about yourself. Pause and reflect with God about what you have written, circled, and realized. What is God saying to you about you through all this?
God’s Words for This Week
Psalm 139 – It was you who formed my inward parts; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. (NRSV, v.13-14)
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 – God: “My grace is enough; it’s all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness.” (CEB, v.9)
Romans 8:31 – If God is for us, who is against us? (CEB, v.31)
This Week at Hood
Monday, October 16, 4:00 pm – Women’s Circles 1 & 2
Wednesday, October 18, 6:00 pm – Young-ish Adult Small Group (ages 25-45)
Wednesday, October 18, 6:45 pm – Choir Practice
Thursday, October 19, 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm – Pastor Jason at The Cellar for Drop-In Coffee & Conversation (108 N Wilson St)
Sunday, October 22, 11:00 am – Homecoming: Freedom (Covered Dish Meal will follow Worship)
Saturday, November 4 – Cotton Festival
Sunday November 12, 4:00 pm – Veteran’s Day Concert
Sunday, November 19, 9:30 am – Church-Wide Thanksgiving Breakfast
Sunday, November 19, 6:30 pm – Community Thanksgiving (hosted at Hood MCC)
April 15, 2019
April 10, 2019
April 08, 2019