Mission: Clean-up Buckets
We continue to pray and reach out to those most effected by Hurricane Florence. Many have been asking what we can do. As a congregation, we are going to work with the Week of Compassion and Church World Service efforts for hurricane relief. We are working on putting together Emergency Clean-up buckets and our children’s class will help assemble them. Our goal is to complete 25 buckets to send to the coast. These buckets are pretty extensive, so we will need your help in providing the items and equipment needed to fill these buckets. Please consider contributing generously to these efforts. You may choose to purchase individual items or you may choose to fill a whole bucket. Both are welcome.
Visit the CWS Emergency Cleanup Bucket website for more information and a printable shopping list.
The items for the buckets are:
- One five-gallon bucket with resealable lid (If bucket has been used, clean well but do not use if it has held chemicals of any kind.)
- Four scouring pads
- Seven sponges, including one large
- One scrub brush
- Eighteen reusable cleaning towels (e.g. Easy Wipes)
- One 50 oz. or two 25 oz. bottle(s) of liquid laundry detergent
- One 16-28 oz. bottle of liquid disinfectant dish soap
- One 12-16 oz. bottle of household cleaner that can be mixed with water (no spray bottles)
- One package of 48-50 clothespins
- Clothesline, two 50 ft. or one 100 ft.
- Five dust masks
- Two pairs heavy-duty, waterproof dishwashing gloves (latex-free, non-surgical)
- One pair work gloves, cotton with leather palm or all leather
- 24-28 heavy duty or contractor type 30-45 gallon trash bags on a roll and removed from carton
- One 6-9 oz. bottle of non-aerosol insect repellent
All cleaning items must be new – all liquid items must be capped and securely tightened. Place all items into the bucket, making sure they are packed securely to avoid damage during shipment. Snap the lid on tight and seal with packing tape.
This video link from Church World Service (CWS) will give instructions on how to pack a bucket.
Our goal is to collect the items and put the buckets together by Sunday, October 7th.
Sunday, October 21
10:30 am – Coffee & Donuts Fellowship Time
11:00 am – Homecoming Worship
12:00 noon – Covered Dish Lunch
Make plans to attend our Homecoming Services this year, bring a neighbor or a friend, and invite any family or friends to come back and join us for the special service and reuniting with one another and Christ.
Sunday, October 28th, 4:00 -6:00 pm
Bring your car, add some Fall decorations, and greet the children in our community for our Trunk or Treat/Fall Celebration; we are collecting bags of candy and prizes for games for this event in the hallway next to the office; we also need folks to sign up to bring their cars and open their trunks with goodies, we also serve Robie’s famous chili…it’s gonna be a fun night for all ages!
This Week at Hood
Wednesday, September 26th, 1:30 – 2:30 pm – Prayer & Inspiration
Wednesday, September 26th, 6:00 pm – Choir Practice
Thursday, September 27th, 1:00 – 3:00 pm – Drop in Coffee & Conversation with Pastor Jason at the Cellar (108 N Wilson Ave.)
Sunday, September 30th , 11:00 am – Worship – Back in the Day… Music provided by the Choir
**Small group for the Fall will begin on Thursday, October 4th at 6:30 pm on the Second Floor.
November 04, 2019
September 24, 2019
June 04, 2019