After reading the next five or so chapters of Luke, I am having lots of memories. There have been some very familiar passages in Luke 9-14: the parable of the Good Samaritan, the sending of the 70, the Lord’s Prayer, the “do not worry” passage, the Pharisees testing Jesus, the light on the lampstand, Mary & Martha welcoming Jesus, etc.
It is good to engage scriptures and to think about the stories that you are the most familiar with. Today, spend a little time reflecting on the scriptures in Luke that are most familiar to you.
- Which scriptures stand out to you?
- Which stories are the most familiar?
- Can you think of particular sermons or bible studies you have had with certain stories? What significant about those sermons or studies?
- Have you ever seen or been a part of a skit or play that depicted some of these stories? How did that visual depiction change the way you thought about Jesus’ teachings, parables, or healings?
- What other experiences have you had with passages from Luke? Are there any songs that connected to the passages in Luke for you?
- Do you remember a Sunday School teacher or camp counselor sharing there interpretations of these scriptures?
Remember, reflect, and give thanks.
Purchase an Easter Lily
Help bring life to our sanctuary for Easter with Easter lilies. The cost of each lily is $7.00. Please email or contact the church office if you would like to place a lily in honor or memory of someone.
This Week at Hood
Wednesday, March 21st, 6:00 pm – Choir
Wednesday, March 21st, 6:00 pm – “Young-ish” Small group
Saturday, March 24th, 9:00am-12noon– Rise Against Hunger; childcare or packing food bags
Sunday, March 25th, 11:00 am – Palm Sunday, procession of the palms; 12noon-Fellowship Lunch/fundraiser: Baked Potato Bar and Salad
Thursday, March 29th, 7:00pm–“Come to the Table”–a live presentation of the Last Supper; front porch
Friday, March 30th, 7:00pm–“Come to the Table”–a live presentation of the Last Supper; front porch
Saturday, March 31st, 11:00am-2:00pm– Community Easter Egg Hunt, Tart Park
Sunday, April 1st, 11:00am–Easter Worship
March 25, 2019
January 14, 2019
December 17, 2018